Wednesday, July 30, 2008

*SIGH*

Feeling better day by day though obviously not completely over 'it'. I have decided to seriously look into the lapband sugery option.

I am so disappointed with myself for letting everything fall by the wayside while I was sick. I also think though that (for me personally) I am possibly setting myself up to fail by taking on so many changes at once. Adressing what to eat, when, and how much. Trying to get into regular exercise and trying to manage sabotaging thoughts and emotional eating habits. I can definately do all of this, but as soon as another factor is added, like a major stress or sickness, it all comes undone.

The logical approach would be to focus with one at a time, develop the skills and habits and then move onto another area - I just have such an all or nothing personality!So, the plan is to get back to the cognitive therapy workbook and make that my focus. I will try and be aware of what I eat and also try to be more physically active, but will really make the workbook my main concern. I think I might start from the day 3 again. Oh, and the journal as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were very sick so give yourself a break! why not just try kicking out really bad unhealthy food like fried stuff and keep exercising a little bit at first, no marathons, oh and drinking water, that will help heaps and not too taxing? I think lap band would be depressing as you wont be really able to eat at all.

maria said...

Wondering how you're travelling and where you are?


Maria
Foodie Wanderings.