Thursday, November 22, 2007

Lipsick

OMG...I went on a huge shopping spree today - all for me! Felt a little bit worried about ringing Tim to explain the significant reduction in our family account.

On a whim, had my eyes 'done' at the Chanel counter. Liked them - they look better than in the photos! The consultant talked me into trying a red lipstick. I LOVE red lipstick but have never felt that it suited me. She and the other sales person said it looked fantastic - but they're on commission so not sure if their opinion counts.

Here are two photos, which do you like best - red or nude? *poll to the right* Keep in mind that I don't have any foundation on and was hot, so face wouldn't normally look as 'ruddy'. I don't usually hold my mouth like a dork either!!!




4 comments:

Gail said...

Going on those photos, nude for day, but the red looks great on you for evening. Though having said that I rarely wear make up.

maria said...

So glad you posted pic's of yourself! You're gorgeous! I've never had my makeup done at a makeup counter before. Do you just go up and ask? I feel the same (with myself) that red lipstick doesn't suit me (and it makes me look washed out). Both sets of lips look fine.. but I have a "leaning" so I'll go to the poll! Maybe upclose in real life it'd be different? Have a great day! :-D

Tiffany said...

i like the nude.. altho the red would go very good at night! ;)
wow you are so pretty!
i also havent ever had the guts to try makeup on via the consultants.. i dunno something scary about those 'dolls'. ;) but good on you! hehehe! hope you had fun!

Gail said...

G'morning. I like your Christmas purchase idea. We need someway to divert away from materialistic feast that it's become. I've often thought of giving 'a well' or 'a cow' though one of the charities, then giving my recipient the card to say what 'they' have recieved, but never been sure if it would be appreciated.