Thursday, July 10, 2008

DAY 8

A challenging day today.
My mother-in-law arrived today and I allowed the change in daily routine to stop me from exercising. Absolutely no reason not to. I did get a fairly reasonable work out getting the house looking nice and pretty though.
Was incredibly grumpy feeling. I didn't get to eat at regular times and restricted what I did eat for appearances sake - which compounded the problem. Interestingly, this denial of food because of others made me want to go and eat something particularly bad. Hmmmmm.
I picked up some fruit/biscuit bars for L while supermarket shopping with MIL, she commented that they were loaded with sugar. I had chosen them because I am clearing the house of nice stuff and felt that there should be something nice for L now and then - and these bars I personally don't like. Tim said something along the lines of "isn't there something healthier". I put them back on the shelf and told him he could choose something and left them to it. I felt that MIL wouldn't have made this comment if I were not obese. That started the foul mood. Tim in the end chose something that has waaaay more sugar + chocolate, and of course I LOVE them. :-(
On the positive side, we had a really late dinner and I was very hungry. While I was preparing the salad I went to put a bit of cucumber in my mouth and then stopped. Rationalised that although the cucumber was in no way a problem food, eating anything while preparing meals at this stage would be no help in trying to establish a new routine. Great positive inner voicing me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm why didn't you explain your reasons for choosing that particular bar? I think that you view any sort of diet as a punishment and that its not fair! Then when people who should know better make comments like that it fuels the unfair feelings. Just because you are overweight doesnt mean that you can't make choices, and could you mention to MIL that you are quite aware of what lilli can have and her likes.